Why Pursuing Higher Studies from UK is a Wise Idea for Career Advancement

Posted on 15-05-2012

Don’t you think that education should be imparted in such a manner that can encourage one to know and learn more and more with the passage of time? Do you think that a blackboard, a few chalks and some fat books can help you pursue your career goals with ease? In today’s world, the two words ‘convenience’ and ‘independence’ have earned huge significance among career aspirants in different corners of the world.

Researchers say that students now prefer to pursue higher studies from abroad rather than doing the same from their home towns to bring a shine in their career standards. In this respect, distance learning is a wonderful alternative that not only helps you pursue your career goals while working but also let you earn your desired degree from any university located abroad.

One such destination that has been alluring both students and career professionals is the United Kingdom. In fact, some of the world’s best colleges and universities resting on the UK soils offer distance learning courses on a wide range of subjects. This has popularized distance learning more among working professionals who can now continue work and attend online classes side by side.

Pursuing a distance learning course from any of the online universities in the United Kingdom will give you the following benefits. Take a look:

Wide Range of Subjects – There are numerous colleges and universities in the United Kingdom that offer distance learning courses on subjects ranging from computer programs, mathematics, engineering to business management. Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and even PhD programs are offered online from several UK universities.

Accreditation – Whether you are willing to earn an online MBA degree or one in Engineering, accreditation is guaranteed. Career aspirants today get restless to earn degrees from UK learning institutions for alluring recognised employers. However, research work is a must when it comes to choosing an accredited institution.

Modern teaching techniques – In the majority of online teaching institutions in the United Kingdom, teachers usually take help of latest technical equipments that let students grasp their lessons with ease. In most of the primary schools, teachers make use of electronic whiteboards to explain lessons. Moreover, virtual classrooms, chat discussion boards and audio-visual presentations keep students excited in pursuing their lessons.

Cooperative faculties – What’s best about the education system in the United Kingdom is the availability of cooperative and amiable instructors who take huge responsibilities to prepare students taking help of latest technologies. They are always ready to solve queries online at any time of the day.

Scholarship programs - There are several institutions and universities in the United Kingdom that offer scholarship programs. People come from different corners of the world to enrol in such programs online. In fact, a good number of working professionals also enrol in scholarship programs to enhance their career opportunities.
So, you see how your career standards can be bettered after enrolling in an online MBA program from a university in the United Kingdom. Well, it’s still advisable to do some research work prior to enrolling in a professional course from any UK university, be it an online MBA or Psychology. Good luck!!

Author’s bio: The author Leona Sharon here gives us various facts and explains why the United Kingdom is considered to be the ideal platform for bettering career standards. Leona says that your dream will come true with an online MBA degree if you put equal amount of effort and dedication.

Comments

• Debs
    28-03-2013 18:25:20
    I too like that there's no deadlines. Although, sometime it's good to have them, I'm generally studying for pleasure so prefer to have more freedom.
  • AstralW
    15-02-2013 20:22:21
    The good thing about studying with Stonebridge is that it's flexible, no pressure or stress or deadlines! So you can study at peace while you're working for example.
  • mark
    08-12-2012 14:25:28
    Usefull blog and encourages one to get thinking! A degree etc is all very well but without any "real" experience in the working world would an individual make the most of any knowlegde/skills gained? We are all different but in my honest opinion you need to strike a balance. For sure relevant work experience in your chosen field would be invaluable as one finishes university!!
  • rebecca bath
    02-12-2012 18:28:57
    Yes sophie, you can have a job and earn money while studying! its great when uni your stuck with it and lots of debts! distance learning courses are very popular!
  • Sophie
    10-11-2012 10:41:34
    I love studying with Stonebridge, as there are no deadlines, and I'm able to work around my job earning money at the same time. The tutors are also really great and its easy to send in your work and you get great feedback.
  • rebecca bath
    10-11-2012 07:57:56
    everyone likes independance, i think that more people go with distance learning because you can travel and do it with you and you can do it in your own time and pace! you can take it anywhere with you and i think more people prefer this
  • Tim Havenith
    09-11-2012 15:00:24
    I'm currently studying with the Open University and have been lucky to study a wide range of subjects as in the blog post. But do feel that in part, the wide range of subjects can devalue qualifications. However, it's great to have the OU and Stonebridge to allow people to learn what they want; when they want.
  • Daniela
    09-11-2012 13:49:27
    With distance learning you really need good self discipline. I prefer to be in a class room but it's cheaper to study online. The UK courses are cheaper as well compare to the US courses.
  • rebecca bath
    09-11-2012 10:17:57
    thanks to elearn and distance learning, anyone can do these courses and can be done anywhere. I didnt know about it until i googled studying, it made my life turn around and i got a diploma in animal care.
  • Jodie
    11-06-2012 16:44:00
    I study online with the Open Universtiy for a BA in Humanities with History and Classical Studies but I much prefer the look of the Counselling courses with Elearn, If I took these with the OU I'd have deadlines to meet so I am much looking forward to being able to organise my studies around my lifestlye rather then the other way around!
  • Kizzi Keast
    31-05-2012 16:19:14
    Distance Learning has meant that I have been able to carry on studying the things I am interested in even when travelling around for work and on holiday. It's fantastic!
  • Lindsay
    30-05-2012 17:40:35
    I was aware that you could study abroad via another well known UK provider, however the course prices are triple their UK price. Thanks to Elearn and Stonebridge learning abroad has become affordable. :)
  • Melissa Phillips
    22-05-2012 21:23:21
    I never knew you could study for a degree online! I may look into this when I have finished my other studies :) Psychology and Anatomy interest me :)
  • Lindsay
    22-05-2012 19:49:12
    I am from the UK originally, but now live in Cyprus, which is brilliant, however the study options available to me here are limited, and expensive. I would highly recommend studying with Elearn, if you live outside the UK!