Elearning - An Introduction
E-learning is training that is delivered via the web. It is unarguably growing as the form of training delivery that is most suited to individuals and organisations. E-learning deploys skills and competencies to your students through the Internet anywhere at anytime.
This growing trend towards e-learning is clearly driven by the numerous advantages it offers organisations:
- Reduced publishing and distribution costs; as all course material is simply made available online.
- Training centre hire, travel (hotel, fuel, parking) and instructor salary costs are eliminated. Furthermore employees spend less time away from their jobs, thus enhancing their productivity.
- Wide range of course costs which can be tailored to match organisational budgets.
- Reduced administrative overheads.
- Course materials are standardised; organisations are assured of consistent course content.
- Courses are written and developed by leading experts in their field.
- If desired, employees can have the flexibility to choose course materials that are suitable for them.
- Courses can be studied online or they can be downloaded to read at a later time.
- Assessments throughout the course will record the students’ progress and ensure they are fulfilling the organisation’s training objectives.
- Students are provided with a qualification relevant to the College when they finish the course as proof of satisfactory completion.
- Students have the flexibility to study the course at their own pace; they can speed up or slow down as they feel neccesary.
- Learning times are reduced by an average of 40 – 60 percent. (Brandon Hall, Web-Based Training Cookbook, 1997. p. 108.)
- Students can choose the length of time they are able to devote to their studies; a few minutes or several hours.
- Students can learn anywhere and at any time.
- Students have unrestricted access to course materials, thus course material can be reviewed when necessary.
- Organisations are not restricted by geographic boundaries; course material can be accessed globally.
- Delivery of course material is ‘on-demand’.
- Students do not have to be in any particular physical location to access course material.
- Organisations can choose from a wide range of courses to suit their training needs.
- Deployment of course material is rapid.
- Students are able to download course material and work off-line.
Elearnuk makes Web Based Training Easy, Economical and Effective.
Elearnuk offers distance learning through the internet, giving students an interactive educational experience and the opportunity to study through accredited learning providers.
The foundation of Elearnuk is the range of different Course Providers who subscribe to our system. This enables us to offer highly specialised courses but across a very broad range of subjects.
With Elearnuk companies and course providers can quickly get their students studying and training online. Students can enrol, sign on, and conduct all class activities, from any location, with only a standard Web Browser and without complicated plug-in software. Elearnuk gives companies and course providers complete web-based control over all course content, course guides, class schedules, enrolment, testing and progress monitoring. Elearnuk works for courses with or without instructors, and includes complete security.
Elearnuk will help your company or educational establishment take advantage of web-based learning, by hosting your online training courses and giving you the facility to manage courses and testing without programming or complex setup and administration.
How the system works
The Elearnuk system is incredibly simple to use for companies, course providers and for your students.
For Companies: Simply select the number of employees you wish to enrol and the online training courses you wish to enrol the employees on. Companies can then either enrol the students themselves using the enrolment page or pass the information on to Elearnuk who will gladly register those employees for the company. Training can commence almost instantaneously with no fuss and minimal delay.
For Course Providers: Elearnuk can host your course material online and advertise your course on our comprehensive web site. Furthermore if your course material has not yet been converted into a web based format, Elearnuk can do that for you. For Your Students:
Registered students can take advantage of the numerous benefits of studying with Elearnuk, including:
Tutor Support - Our friendly tutors are ready to help with any queries you may have. You need never feel stranded or cut off from help!
Free Online Videos - Free Online videos are available for many of our courses for your general interest as a supplement to support your studies!
Library - A collection of reference materials, links to e-journals, and reading lists compiled by our tutors.
Forum - Looking for a second opinion? The forum is the place for students to share their thoughts and information with each other.
News Zone - Regularly updated links to the latest news items!
Elearnuk Help - A guide to the Elearning system, how to use it, how to contact your tutor - the answers to all these questions and more can be found here.
Our Commitment of Excellence to You
We endeavour to provide each and every student with the best possible online training along with the necessary skills needed to enter and advance in their chosen field of study.
We aim to provide comprehensive online study programmes that engage the student in well-designed, efficient and productive study in their chosen field. It is our belief that this will facilitate the educational goals of our students and assist them by developing their potential to become accomplished individuals.
We provide online study programmes and a service that reflects consistence in quality and educational excellence through ongoing tutor support and guidance.